Wednesday, October 6, 2010

los cabos {sea of cortez & pools}

There was no shortage of gorgeous places to spend our day. We opted to use the pool on the hotel side most days but one afternoon we did venture over to the residence side to use the one with a swim-up bar...

The setting was pretty spectacular but we still liked "ours" better...

The top infinity pool provided the most amazing view over the lower pool & out to the Sea of Cortez. I proclaimed I'd found my "happy spot" and would happily stay there for the rest of our vacation. Lee decided to document it for me [that speck is, in fact, me]...

Another "happy spot" of ours at this same pool came in the form is this...

We spent two days enjoying that exact view on that double lounge chair. The pool was behind us and since there were only two other loungers to the left of us we had a pretty sweet [and semi-quiet] spot.


This was right before we bid adieu to "our" spot and headed back to the room to pack and put aloe on Lee's sunburn & anti-itch medicine on my heat rash. So thankful we did well with our sun exposure until our last day. On our honeymoon I was sunburned & suffering from heat rash after our first day!

Although we thoroughly enjoyed our time in the pools, it was the view of the Sea of Cortez that really stole our hearts. It wasn't recommended that we actually get in due to the rockiness, the undercurrent & possibility of sea urchins but that didn't matter, the view alone was enough to melt away any stress & make you relish in the moment.

The sound of the crashing waves never got old. If I close my eyes I'm immediately transported back and can hear the waves crashing over the rocks & smell the sea spray in the air. Talk about an instant stress reliever! Seriously, try it. I bet it brings a smile to your face.

We were both mesmerized by the sea and could have spent hours upon hours just taking it all in. Truly the most stunning location we've ever been blessed to experience.

Time for audience participation - what are some of your favorite locations? Have you ever been awed by the landscape? If so, I'd love to hear about it!

4 comments:

heather said...

gorgeous!!!!! and if you had space to yourselves...not so sure I would have gone inside ever!!!

mom said...

I can't imagine ever getting tired of the sound of the surf. It's the best thing ever! If I could, I would live on a cliff just above the crashing waves. (That's why I live in the desert - ha!)

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

it looks absolutely amazing!! makes me wish for another vacation soon...even though I just went in July!

tracie @ tsj photography said...

cyndi!! these are gorgeous! LOVE the hat!! :)