Thursday, January 27, 2011

13 on thursday {cleveland edition}

It's been awhile since I've done one of these but figured there's no time like the present to jump back in...

1. We're moving...to Cleveland!! It's been in the works/up in the air for several months but this past week we learned it's a go...and super soon.


2. We put an offer on a house (Lee's seen it in person, me just the online version) & it was accepted! Not sure if my favorite part is the kitchen or the master closet...


3. With this move we're upgrading to a king size bed (my 6' 3" husband is thrilled!) Here are two beds that are currently calling to me...


4. I'm struggling with a ton of conflicting emotions - excited for (& proud of) Lee & looking forward to a new adventure but super sad to be leaving our home for the past {almost} 6 years. My life has been blessed with many wonderful people here and saying good-bye is going to be incredibly tough.

5. I enjoyed a fun girls night out on Tuesday with 3 of my closest friends here and, yes, a super potent (& way yummy) margarita may have been involved...


6. Not looking forward to the cold + snow of Cleveland.

7. Had the realization today that my cute flats & flip flops aren't going to cut it as footwear in the middle of winter in Cleveland so had to break down and invest in my first pair in Uggs.

It's taken me YEARS to come around on them. I used to think they were horrendously ugly & swore I would never, EVER, own a pair. Then I started to think they weren't awful. And then I saw the cutest pair of Ugg slippers and ended up being gifted them. I was completely won over from the first moment my feet snuggled up inside. Hopefully my new boots will help me successfully endure my first CLE winter.

8. Fairly certain I'm still in denial about the move. I've yet to make my master to do list (and I'm a total list maker!) and without that I feel like I'm stuck in the mud spinning my wheels.

9. Really not looking forward to the cold + snow of Cleveland. Although come summertime I'm sure I'll be pretty happy. (I realize I just reiterated #6 but that's to show how much I'm not looking forward to being cold.)

10. I've never lived in the midwest so this should be a very interesting adventure.

11. Happy with the proximity I'll be to her, her, her, her, NYC, and have high hopes that I'll get to Indianapolis to see the Colts play next year. Not to mention we'll be in the same town as Lee's super sweet cousin Lindsey! Lots of fun people to visit + places to see.

12. Not happy that we're making this move after Lebron James left the Cavs.

13. Need to come up with a new name for the blog!! Any ideas?

10 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Moving can be really exciting and stressful at the same time - be sure to give yourself at least 6 months to feel "settled"! Here's another OH blogger, in case you're looking for some: http://www.itsahero.com/

I absolutely LOVE the way that the kitchen and master closet looks! So jealous!

Michele said...

MidWest meanderings

mom said...

How about Midwest "Newbies".....
Or, Midwest Miniseries....
Or, From southern daze to midwestern ways

mom said...

Oh, forgot......I think you need to "feel" your space a little bit before picking your new bed. Then you'll just "know"

Mary said...

I'm sorry we never made it down south for a visit but I suspect we will be seeing you soon! Be happy you are leaving the months-long hot and muggy weather behind that makes you miserable and embrace the opportunity to shop for a plethora of cuddly cashmere sweaters!

Tracy said...

Your mom is so clever!

Cake for Breakfast said...

Yeah - I've had major closet envy since I saw that picture last week. Holy Moly! That would make all the drama and emotion of moving okay with me.

tracie @ tsj photography said...

can i just say that i love your mom?! ;)

i'm LOVING your new master closet! i'm LOVING that you'll be close! i'm LOVING that you'll be freezing when we're freezing and i'm LOVING that we now share of love of uggs!! ;)

love you friend!

heather said...

I'm really loving the lines of the black bed, but your mom is right...get a feel of the space first!

Can't wait to see your decoration on the new house and hear all about your adventures exploring the city too!

How was your weekend visit? and how did the uggs work out for you? :-)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

loving the house! so excited to see it all! i'm excited about your adventure.

i'll miss you being in shreveport even though i only got to see you once. :( and if i were you i'd definitely be sad about leaving superior.... yum!

you're going to have an amazing time in cleveland. :) and yay for uggs!